It’s the 21st century. The world around you has changed drastically (AKA Trump being POTUS) and so has the way people search for their soulmates.
The pool of potential life partners has widened as technology has been introduced. Nowadays, meeting your partner the ‘traditional’ way is considered rare and ‘cute’.
No objections as to how you’ve met your life long partner in crime, but there are no guarantees that the one you’re supposed to end up with is on that dating app you’ve installed. You could be wasting your time or you could not but make sure you don’t find yourself too engrossed that…
1. You’ve recognised people you’ve met in real life from Tinder.
2. You’ve bailed on Friday night drinks with mates to stay home swiping.
3. You barter with yourself: “Just 10 more, then I’m going to sleep!”
4. You’ve matched up with a guy while sitting on the toilet.
5. You’ve been late for work from staying up till 3am racking up matches.
6. You doubt your every life decision if you don’t get an instant match.
7. You’ve swiped left on a guy so you made a fake account to try to re-find him.
8. You make sure your profile photos resemble to those that he’s listed as his ‘interests’.
9. You’ve tried installing it on your laptop so you can keep swiping during work.
10. You’re horrified to get “It doesn’t look like there’s anyone new around you” …
11. … so you change the settings to match with anyone aged 18-80 in a 1,000km radius.
In the mean time, keep swiping until you figure it out.