Nothing warms the heart more than a good homecooked meal. Why? It shows the effort and creativity of someone's personality.
Seeing as Valentine's Day is today, skip the fancy restaurants! Save your money and cook something delish for your man/woman.
These recipes are pretty simple and doesn't require you to rob the bank.
2 Steak and Side Salad With Grilled Pineapple
- 300g steak
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 packet of butterhead lettuce
- 1 packet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Ceaser salad dressing (as much as you want)
- 3 rashers of bacon
- Half a pineapple
- Marinate the steak with salt, pepper and olive oil. Preheat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Slice the pineapples into 6 thick slices and drizzle a little olive oil. Lay them out on a sheet and pop them in the oven until slightly brown.
- Grill the steak on each side for 1 minute to get a medium rare finish. Set aside to cool.
- Wash the butterhead lettuce and cherry tomates and slice them into a bowl. Fry the rashers of bacon until crunchy and chop them into little pieces. Combine the bacon bits with the lettuce and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle some shredded cheese. Add the dressing as according or keep it at the side.
- Slice the steak and plate it along with some grilled pineapple and salad.