The real question is: What can you NOT pickle? I think I’ve come to realisation that I am addicted to salt and crunchies. I’ll pass on the slice of cake for comfort savoury goodness, any time of the day. I find it to be the best condiment for any Asian dish, with its diverse play on the taste buds of sweet, salty, tangy and crunchy textures. Every jar of pickles is a gateway to all things preserved, it will take you on a different tasty adventure every time.
In honour of pickles day (14th November 2016), we’ve gone out to search for 5 foods you can pickle at home, so you don’t have to.
1. Ginger. Just LOOK at that beautiful colour!
2. Onion – These are great served with barbecue and on a barbecue sandwich!
3. Rhubarb. It’s all you need to get the right tangy-tart fix.
4. Spicy Garlic to pack a mean punch to an explosion of flavours.
5. Mango or chutney. Get it right and your week night curry will never be the same again!