Mason jars are usually used for decorative purposes and to store items for better convenience. Then came the bout of overnight oats which I personally thoroughly enjoyed making.
Overnight oats are great for breakfast but what about lunch and dinner when you want something healthy; not sweet and definitely not always filling. Now you can make salads in mason jars as well. Convenient for late nights at work when the workload in the office has piled up way too high and you’re too tired to prep a meal when you get home. Maybe even a quick lunch done in the morning before jetting off to work.
The perfect mason jar salad requires these ingredients in the following order:
- Hard/non absorbent veggies
- Soft veggies/grains
Here are 6 recipes for you to try:
Cajun Shrimp Salad
- Sauteed peppers
- Sauteed onions
- Cajun shrimp
- Sautée the bell pepper and onions.
- Stir fry prawns with Cajun seasoning and let aside to cool.
- Make your own guacamole concoction or buy an already made one from your nearest convenience store.
- Start by arranging the bell peppers first, followed by the onions, Cajun shrimp, then add guacamole and top it off with spinach.