At often times, we opt for eating out mainly because of how fussy and messy cooking at home can get. So, we’ve curated four dessert recipes you can make with only a trio of ingredients that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Nutella Brownie Mug Cake
½ cup + 2 tbsp Nutella
1 large egg, gently whisked
4 tbsp all purpose flour
- Split the whisked egg evenly into two large microwave-safe mugs.
- Add ¼ cup + 1tbsp of Nutella and 2 tbsp of flour into each mug. Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Microwave each mug separately for about 1 minute. Let them cool and set for about 15 – 30 minutes before serving, this allows the brownies to develop that chewy texture. Optional: Remove the cake from mug and place into a smaller plate or ramekin, top with powdered sugar and desired fruits, or scooping ice cream on top.
3 large ripe bananas
1/3 cup coconut flour
Coconut oil for frying
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the bananas, eggs, coconut flour and 2 pinches of salt in a blender, then puree until smooth. The batter’s consistency should be thick but pourable, if it seems thin, add 1 to 2 more tbsp of coconut flour.
- Brush the skillet lightly with coconut oil. Pour in a 3-inch circle of batter. Shake the skillet gently to spread the batter into a 4-inch circle.
- Cook the pancake for 2 to 4 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and the edges are firm. Flip gently with a flexible spatula and continue cooking for another 2 to 4 minutes. Optional: Stack multiple pancakes on a plate and pour on some warm raspberry maple syrup to serve.
Easy Chocolate Croissant
1 tbsp water
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 177°C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or some non-stick baking mat.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk, then set the mixture aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet and lightly dust with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square.
- Cut pastry square in half and cut each half into four rectangles, then cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles.
- Place 2 tsp of chocolate chips down the center of each triangle. Then, starting at the wider end, roll each triangle up, and place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant.
- Bend in the edges of the croissants, creating a crescent shape, and lightly brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- On a double boiler, melt your chocolate until smooth.
- Lay out candy cup liners and using a spoon, put a layer of chocolate in the bottom of each candy cup.
- Next, with your hands, form a ball of peanut butter about the size of a small grape and place one in the middle of each candy cup.
- Spoon a layer of chocolate on top of the peanut butter to cover. Optional: Sprinkle with a whisper of sea salt.
- Allow peanut butter cups to set in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.