You love meeting up with your friends for a good meal. Really, you do. When you haven’t gotten together in a few weeks, lunch and dinner dates are great ways to stay up to date with each other’s lives. We truly get the love for staying in. Ain’t nobody got time for traffic and looking for parking spots in the city. Not to mention, the wait times at restaurants on a Friday night really aren’t all that fun.
Well, Marks & Spencer (M&S) collaborated with celebrity chef, TV host and former CLEO Hot Shot Ili Sulaiman to show you how to use their Truly Italian food range to cook yourself (and your loved ones) an amazing meal. They’ve created two Italian recipes that you can totes easily do at home. The range includes penne, four cheese tomato basil sauce, pasta sauce and more, allowing you to have authentic Italian food on your own dining table.
The two new recipes are a Spicy Prawn Pasta Arrabbiata, an Italian meal seasoned with a local twist, and a Corn Beef Pasta Bake that’s super easy to make on the go. Craving for Italian? Now you can DIY at home!
Spicy Prawn Pasta Arrabbiata
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 6 servings
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1kg prawns (12 to 14 large Tiger Prawns)
- 1 tablespoon M&S dried chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon M&S dried parsley
- 4 – 6 tablespoons of M&S olive oil
- 4 M&S anchovies
- 2 jars M&S arrabbiata sauce
- 1 bag M&S pasta tagliatelle
- 1 litre water (to boil pasta)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, add water and a generous amount of salt to boil pasta for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the water, keeping 1 cup of the water to ease mixing the pasta to avoid it sticking.
- In a large sauté pan, add in generous amounts of olive oil and sliced garlic. Make sure the heat is on low, next add in the anchovies and cook until garlic is translucent.
- Next, add in the prawns and cook for about 1 minute on each side. Remove and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add in M&S arrabbiata sauce, M&S dried chili flakes and parsley. Let it cook for at least 5 minutes before seasoning with some salt.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the pasta into the M&S arrabbiata sauce and fold everything together gently. Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.