You love meeting up with your friends for a good meal. Really, you do. When you haven't gotten together in a few weeks, lunch and dinner dates are great ways to stay up to date with each other's lives. We truly get the love for staying in. Ain't nobody got time for traffic and looking for parking spots in the city. Not to mention, the wait times at restaurants on a Friday night really aren't all that fun.
Well, Marks & Spencer (M&S) collaborated with celebrity chef, TV host and former CLEO Hot Shot Ili Sulaiman to show you how to use their Truly Italian food range to cook yourself (and your loved ones) an amazing meal. They've created two Italian recipes that you can totes easily do at home. The range includes penne, four cheese tomato basil sauce, pasta sauce and more, allowing you to have authentic Italian food on your own dining table.
The two new recipes are a Spicy Prawn Pasta Arrabbiata, an Italian meal seasoned with a local twist, and a Corn Beef Pasta Bake that's super easy to make on the go. Craving for Italian? Now you can DIY at home!
Corn Beef Pasta Bake
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 10-12 servings
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 2.5 cups freshly grated cheddar
- 2.5 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of M&S pasta Rigatoni
- 1 jar M&S Béchamel pasta sauce
- 1 jar M&S four cheese pasta sauce
- 1 tin M&S cream of mushroom
- 4 tins M&S chunky corn beef
- 1 cup M&S frozen peas
- 1 bag of dried M&S porcini mushroom
- 1 tablespoon M&S dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon M&S salt
- 2 tablespoon M&S olive oil
- In a large pot, add water and a generous amount of salt to boil pasta for 6 minutes (half the time as written on the packet). The pasta has to be very al dente as it will be cooked in the oven. Save some of the pasta water to soak the mushrooms.
- In a large oven-proof pot, add in some olive oil and fry the onion until brown before adding in the garlic.
- On a low heat, add in the porcini mushrooms (drained but keep the water) followed by dried oregano and cook for 1 minute before adding the M&S chunky corn beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In the same pot, add in M&S cream of mushroom, the leftover porcini mushroom water, Béchamel sauce and frozen peas. Fold everything together and turn off the fire.
- Next, add in the drained pasta into the sauce and M&S four cheese pasta sauce along with half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Gently mix and fold everything together until combined.
- Lastly, sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven at 200°C
for about 1 hour 55 minutes until the top is nice and brown.