A pattern of concept stores from our neighbouring East Asian country are creeping up on homesoil – straight into the hustle and bustle of our city center. The Japanese are widely known for their top notch interior & design, always captivating a unique essence anchored by its deep traditions.
If you’re like me and you get a kick out of functional minimalistic trinkets for your zen living space, here are a few suggestions of places to scratch your shopping itch.
1. ISETAN THE JAPAN STORE – Fully incorporated with Japanese history, rich artistic culture, lifestyle designs at its finest and customer service beyond the norm of what we’re used to here in KL.
LOT 10, No. 50 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250, Kuala Lumpur.
2. MUJI – From stack-able compartments to the softest linen bed sheets. Muji products are the perfect balance of object and space.
Lot 5.10.00, Level 5, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
3. MINISO – For adorable designs of innovative Japanese products for such affordable prices.
Lot CC20-22, Nu Sentral. 201, Jalan Tun Sambatan, 50470 Kuala Lumpur.
4. DAISO – Heaven for shopaholics looking for a bargain. It’s a one-stop shop for DIY materials and handy items for everyday use. If you don’t have anything you’re looking for, step into Daiso and you’ll find something to buy.
Lot T013-F & T064-066 3rd Floor Mid Valley Megamall, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
5. FAMILY MART – The ever so popular Family Mart has a wide selection of hot food including its famous fried chicken. Bento sets, onigiris, sushi and salads to-go makes it the perfect stop for late night snackin’. It’s open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Wisma Lim Foo Yong, 86, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
(image: Family Mart)