The last thing you want is to take your entire make-up haul on vacay. Like selecting the ultimate travel shoes, you should pick the essentials for creating looks that’ll last from security checkpoint to your first selfie on the beach, with minimal to no touch-ups.
What to pack:
1. BB Cream Colour corrects, gives a natural-looking coverage, blurs imperfections, and protects against damaging UV.
2. Waterproof eyeliner For a smudge-proof, well-defined eye.
3. Waterproof mascara Prevents runny mascara even on the hottest days or after a dip in the pool. You can also remove excess from the spoolie with a tissue before using it to groom your brows. (Remember to pack tweezers to keep your brows neat!)
4. Lip Balm Helps keep chapped lips at bay. For a lip that lasts as long as your face make-up, prep work is crucial. Be sure to always start with a well-exfoliated and moisturised pout. Blot away excess moisture, and start with one layer of matte lipstick, before gently blotting again and then applying another layer on top.
5. Make-up remover or facial oil Removes make-up effectively as well as cleanses the face.
6. Matte lipstick This gives longer-lasting wear and can also be dabbed lightly on your cheeks like a blush. Rouge Dior’s range of matte shades eliminates the need for lip balm. They’re made for 16 hours of comfort so your lips stay hydrated and streak-free. Make one of these matte shades your travel companion, and achieve a polished finish each time you swipe it on.