So, this is actually the first time ever I’ve attempted doing a smoky eye look…
Yes, I know you’re expecting a disaster, but can I just say, shame on you for assuming so! I have proof that it turned out pretty decent, and it’s all in the pictorial tutorial below.
As any success story were to start, I did, in fact, do my research. To pull together this look, I used Chanel’s Christmas Limited Edition Architectonic Eyeshadow Palette. The variations of gunmetal shades and mirror-like silver were perfect to play around with.
1. First, use a combination of the silvers, pat down the colour down to the middle part of your eyelids.
Once you’ve completed; blend it out!
2. Now using one colour only, apply on creases, and the outer parts (upward motion) of your eyelids.
3. To add more depth to your eyes, repeat step 2 using a combination of darker shadows from the palette.
4. Almost done! Using the first combination of silvers in step 1, use the shadow mix to apply over your entire eyelid to blend out your work in the previous steps.
5. Using the colour on the far left of the palette, apply on the outer half of your lower lash line.
6. Now with the lighter silver on the far right of the palette, apply the colour on the inner half of your lower lash line.
5. Complete the look with some eyeliner, mascara, and setting spray and you’re good to go! I used a muted lip colour to compliment the strong eyes.
I’ve gotta say, I’m actually quite proud that I pulled it off even after doubting myself. The palette’s totally worth the money if you’re looking to splurge on some quality eyeshadows.
Inspired by this look? Wear it out to your next party, and take lots and lots of pictures for us! Don’t forget to tag @cleomsia, and #BeautySchoolDropOut when you’re posting it up on Instagram.