The 25-year-old singer shot to stardom after featuring on Disclosure’s 2012 hit ‘Latch’, and has admitted the three years that followed were tough, and he was forced to take a break from the spotlight to avoid suffering a meltdown.
He admitted: “I really struggled in that three years. There was a moment – people call it ‘the loop the loop’ – when you either come out the other end or you don’t with stuff like that. From ‘Latch’ to the Oscars, it’s such a huge life change in such a short space of time.”
Now though, the ‘Too Good at Goodbyes’ singer is able to bring his family on the road with him so they can help keep him in check if things get tough after the release of second studio album later this year.
Speaking to The Sun on Sunday, Sam added: “I can afford to fly my mum, dad, and sisters out now, which is great. Sleep deprivation is the thing. I am very sensitive and emotional, so hopefully I won’t get too sad.”
Meanwhile, the ‘Stay With Me’ hitmaker recently revealed he is “insanely single”, and thinks he’s “more single” now than he was during the release of his debut album ‘In The Lonely Hour’ in 2014.
Speaking about his new track, he said: “This song is about me and about a relationship that I was in. I’m still very, very single. I think I’m even more single than I was when I released ‘In the Lonely Hour’, so I’m insanely single. People are gonna see … this one as I’ve said is about me and something that I’ve gone through.”
And Sam is ready to move on from his heartbreak, as he says his experiences have made him “stronger” and is now “ready for something more positive”.
He added: “I do feel like I’m ready for something more positive, more than I was. What I’ve been through relationship wise the last year has made me a lot stronger and I feel like I’ve learned some lessons from it.”
*Sourced by Bang Showbiz