Delicious Dessert Recipes That Require Only 3 Ingredients
At often times, we opt for eating out mainly because of how fussy and messy cooking at home can get. So, we’ve curated four dessert recipes you can make with only a trio of ingredients that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Nutella Brownie Mug Cake
½ cup + 2 tbsp Nutella
1 large egg, gently whisked
4 tbsp all purpose flour
- Split the whisked egg evenly into two large microwave-safe mugs.
- Add ¼ cup + 1tbsp of Nutella and 2 tbsp of flour into each mug. Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Microwave each mug separately for about 1 minute. Let them cool and set for about 15 – 30 minutes before serving, this allows the brownies to develop that chewy texture. Optional: Remove the cake from mug and place into a smaller plate or ramekin, top with powdered sugar and desired fruits, or scooping ice cream on top.
3 large ripe bananas
1/3 cup coconut flour
Coconut oil for frying
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the bananas, eggs, coconut flour and 2 pinches of salt in a blender, then puree until smooth. The batter’s consistency should be thick but pourable, if it seems thin, add 1 to 2 more tbsp of coconut flour.
- Brush the skillet lightly with coconut oil. Pour in a 3-inch circle of batter. Shake the skillet gently to spread the batter into a 4-inch circle.
- Cook the pancake for 2 to 4 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and the edges are firm. Flip gently with a flexible spatula and continue cooking for another 2 to 4 minutes. Optional: Stack multiple pancakes on a plate and pour on some warm raspberry maple syrup to serve.
Easy Chocolate Croissant
1 tbsp water
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 177°C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or some non-stick baking mat.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk, then set the mixture aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet and lightly dust with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square.
- Cut pastry square in half and cut each half into four rectangles, then cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles.
- Place 2 tsp of chocolate chips down the center of each triangle. Then, starting at the wider end, roll each triangle up, and place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant.
- Bend in the edges of the croissants, creating a crescent shape, and lightly brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- On a double boiler, melt your chocolate until smooth.
- Lay out candy cup liners and using a spoon, put a layer of chocolate in the bottom of each candy cup.
- Next, with your hands, form a ball of peanut butter about the size of a small grape and place one in the middle of each candy cup.
- Spoon a layer of chocolate on top of the peanut butter to cover. Optional: Sprinkle with a whisper of sea salt.
- Allow peanut butter cups to set in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.